2N Sri Lanka
Kandy – Colombo [02 Nights/03 Days]
Capital: Sri Jayawardenepura Kotte , Colombo
Largest City: Colombo
Major Tourist Destinations: Sigiriya, Pinnawala, Kandy, NuwaraEliya, Kithulgala, Bentota, Galle, Hikkaduwa, Colombo, Jaffna, Anuradhapura, Trincomalee, Dambulla, Polonnaruwa, Kataragama, Yala and so on.
Area: 65,610 km2 (25,330 sq mi)
Population: Approx. 20.48 million (World Bank, 2013)
Religion: Buddhism 70%, Hindu 13%, Muslim 10%, Christian 7%, Others 0.04%
Currency: Sri Lankan rupee
Drives on: Left
Calling Code: +94
Literacy Rate: 92.5%
Official Language: Sinhala, Tamil, English
Flight: Sri Lankan Airlines & Maldivian
Time Difference: It is 5.30 hours ahead of GMT. So if it is 12:00 noon at London then it is 5.30pm at Bhutan.
National Tree: Ceylon Ironwood
National Flower: Blue Water Lily
National Bird: Sri Lankan Junglefowl
National Butterfly: Sri Lankan Birdwing
National Gemstone: Blue sapphire
National Sports: Volleyball
National Animal: Sri Lankan Elephant & Lion
National Dish: Rice & Curry
VISA: On arrival visa for Bangladeshis. To learn more detail please click here: http://www.slhcdhaka.org/consular_visa.php
Entry Point: Bandaranaike International Airport, Colombo
Sri Lanka (formerly Ceylon) is an island nation south of India in the Indian Ocean. Its diverse landscapes range from rainforest and arid plains to highlands and sandy beaches. It’s famed for its ancient Buddhist ruins, including the 5th-century citadel Sigiriya, with its palace and frescoes. The city of Anuradhapura, Sri Lanka’s ancient capital, has many ruins dating back more than 2,000 years.
Kandy is one of the most popular tourist destinations in Sri Lanka. This sacred Buddhist site was the last capital of the Sinhala kings. It is also the site of the Temple of the Tooth Relic (the sacred tooth of the Buddha), one of the most sacred places of worship in the Buddhist world. This site was declared a world heritage site by UNESCO in 1988.
Colombo is the largest city and the commercial capital of Sri Lanka. It is situated on the west coast of the country. Its natural harbour at the mouth of the Kelani River was very attractive for successive traders and conquerors – initially the Arab merchants, then Portuguese, Dutch and British.
Day 01 : Airport – Pinnawala – Kandy. Night stay at Kandy.
Day 02 : Kandy – Colombo. Night stay at Colombo.
Day 03 : Colombo – Airport & Departure.
Day 01 : Airport – Pinnawala – Kandy
Arrival at Bandaranayake International Airport and welcomed by a representative of Sri Holidays. On the way visit the Elephant orphanage in Pinnawela. It is established in 1975 as place for shelter and cares the wounded elephants and abandoned baby elephants found in jungle. This is covered an area over 24 acre land. It was under the department of Department of Wildlife but now under the National Zoological Garden. The main daily activities taken place in the Pinnawela Elephant Orphanage are Feeding milk to baby elephants and the bathing sessions. Proceed to Kandy. In the afternoon visit Temple of the Tooth Relic in Kandy. Sri DaladaMaligawa in Kandy is the most prominent and sacred Buddhist shrine in Sri Lanka, even in the world. The relic of the tooth is kept in a two-story inner shrine fronted by two large elephant tusks. The relic rests on a solid gold lotus flower, encased in jeweled caskets that sit on a throne. The temple is joined to the Pattiripuwa (Octagon) tower, built in 1803, that was originally a prison but now houses a collection of palm-leaf manuscripts. The king’s palace is also in the temple compound. In the evening you will watch cultural dance show of fire dancers and Kandyan Dancers. Overnight stay at hotel in Kandy
Day 02 : Kandy – Colombo
After breakfast at hotel leave for Colombo. Today you will visit Colombo city and you can do shopping. In Colombo you can observe the old Parliament, the residential areas and the BMICH (Bandaranaike Memorial International Conference Hall) and visit Fort. Also, visit the Majestic City shopping complex and the ODEL Unlimited Dress Boutique and also visit the Ceramic cooperation show room (Noritake). If you like trying your luck in casinos then in the evening you can go for casino. In capital Colombo there is no dearth of casinos. Any time whenever you wish, you can visit these casinos and check out whether your luck is supporting you or not. Overnight stay at hotel in Colombo
Day 03 : Colombo – Airport
You will have breakfast at your hotel and leave for airport
INC & EXC
- Accommodation on basis you booked for 02 nights at hotels specified or similar standard
- Private transport in an A/C luxury vehicle with the service of an English-speaking Chauffeur guide
- Visa fees and international / domestic flights
- Medical Insurance
- Anything not specified in the package inclusions
- Peak season and special event surcharges if applicable
- Meals other than specified
- Entrance fees
- Items of personal nature
- Tipping and porterage
- This is a conventional itinerary & subject to change depending upon circumstances.
- Please follow the timings for the sightseeing trips /activities as mentioned in our detailed itinerary.
- Airfare will depend on the rate of the journey date.
- Sightseeing spots may have weekly closing days and daily opening & closing hours. So it will be planned as per journey date & schedule. Sometimes it can be closed due to renovation, maintenance activity or unavoidable circumstances.
- Tour organizer holds the complete right to change the itinerary if it requires for the betterment of the tour and safety of the tourist. Tourist’s safety is top priority.
- Please follow the tour administration & guidelines. Maintain reporting time and allocated time for sightseeing spots. It will make the tour effective and enjoyable for all the members.
- Please follow the ethical rules of Photography while you are visiting new locations, religious places or museums or such sightseeing spots.
- All vehicular movement in the itinerary is on point to point basis and not on disposal.
- Any spot in the itinerary remaining closed due to holidays, bandhs or reason whatsoever will not be revisited on the onset on the tour.
Booking, Confirmation, Cancellation & Refunds:
There are strict policies of service confirmation allover India during peak seasons and the rates can vary unless it has been secured with full payment in advance.
1) To book any tour with us 100% of Air/Rail/Bus Ticket price and at least 25% Land Package price need to be paid.
2) Balance payment has to be made one week before the tours starts.
Amendment of booked tour will be treated as cancellation. However, minor amendments can be made on the payment of a communication charge, which will vary from case to case.
Refund will be paid to the source through which the guest has booked. Any refund will take at least one calendar month to process & will be sent to you by a/c payee cheque only.
** NO REFUND WILL BE MADE AGAINST ANY UNUTILIZED SERVICES, WHAT SO EVER MAY BE THE REASON.
Cancellation has to be sent to us by Email.
From Date of booking – 30 days only communication charges of BDT 500.00 per person
30 -15 Days prior to departure 25% of tour cost
14 -10 Days prior to departure 50% of tour cost
09-05 Days prior to departure 75% of tour cost
04 Days/No show 100% of tour cost
Please also note that your booking will be only confirmed when we receive the amount in cash or your cheque is honored by our bank along with your confirmation note and our acknowledgement against your booking. The tour price can be changed during confirmation, specially the air tickets & train tickets.
Our rates are subject to change without any prior notice.