3N4D DARJEELING & KALIMPONG
DHAKA- -SHILIGURI-DARJEELING-KALIMPONG-SHILIGURI-DHAKA: 3N/4D
Darjeeling is a beautiful hill station of West Bengal with vast areas of tea estates and Tibetan influence in their craft, culture and cuisine. Previously it was the summer capital of India under the British Raj and Darjeeling has come off age as one of the most sought after hill stations in India.
Darjeeling is a wow-destination for all kind of tourists. There are so many places to explore in Darjeeling. The toy train, established back in 1881 is still running and delighting the tourists. It is also one of the UNESCO World Heritage sites. Significant colonial architecture including mansions and churches made this little town remarkable. Here you can experience the cultural diversity of people from Tibet, Nepal, nearby Indian states and the Gorkhas. The third highest peak of the world and the highest in India, the Kanchenjunga peak is clearly visible from the top of Tiger Hill. Darjeeling is a wonderful place to visit, walk around, explore the tea estates, villages and markets again and again.
- Darjeeling 7 points sightseeing:
- 1. Tiger Hill, 2. Batasia Loop & War Memorial, 3. Japanese Temple & Peace Pagoda, 4. Padma Naidu Himalayan Zoological Park & Zoo, 5. Himalayan Mountaineering Institute & Museum, 6. Tenzing & Gombu Rock 7. Ghoom Monastery
- Please don’t miss @ Darjeeling: The sunrise on the top of tiger hill (if you are fortunate enough you may have the spectacular view of the mighty mountain Kanchenjungha)/A cup of Darjeeling tea/ A plate of hot veg momo/ A horse ride/ A photograph wearing the local costume/ The toy train ride.
Kalimpong is another small hill station near Darjeeling. Its just 2 and half hours journey from Darjeeling. The journey inside the lush green tea gardens itself is a mesmerizing experience for the nature lover tourists. Kalimpong is famous for its natural beauty and educational institutes. It is just 80 km far from Shiliguri and 52 km far from Darjeeling.
- Kalimpong 5 points sightseeing:
- 1. Delo Hill, 2. Mangal Dham, 3. Flower, Cactus & Orchid Gardens, 4. Kalimpong Science Center, 5. Kalimpong Arts & Craft Center
- If time permits/As per guest’s choice: Dr. Graham’s House, Catholic Church,Tharpa Choling Monastery, Pedong Monastery, Durpin Dara Hill, Gouripur House (remembrance of Kabiguru), Crockety (a cottage built by British wool traders), Lepcha Museum, Thongsha Gumpha etc..
- Please don’t miss @ Kalimpong: The city view from Delo/parasailing & paragliding/ Cactus & Orchid Garden/ hot veg momo/ Art & Craft Center/Experience the activity of Science Center