WHITE WATER RAFTING TOUR
WHITE WATER RAFTING IN BHUTAN
Bhutan is a tiny Buddhist kingdom with a great natural beauty located between India and China. Bhutan travel with Beyond Adventure & Tourism is now considered comfortable as home. Experience some adventure activities like white water Rafting or Kayaking or Trekking with us will be one of your most unforgettable memories of your life. We can now easily incorporate a rafting experience in your private tour package.
The crystal clear rivers of Bhutan are one of the most fascinating routes for Rafting and Kayaking in South Asia. These white water rivers are feb by the glacial-melt of the Eastern Himalayas, six major rivers (Wang Chhu, Sunkosh, Puna Tsang Chhu, Mangde Chhu, Kuri Chhu and Dangme Chhu and their tributaries), have been scouted for kayaking and rafting.
Adventurous travelers will be thrilled by the rugged, untamed waterways of Bhutan. The rivers are plentiful with strong currents varying between slow, gentle flows in some places and powerful, raging torrents can be found throughout the country.
The best time Rafting
From March to April and November to December
Beyond Adventure & Tourism offers you a set of well trained and experienced river guides who have been studying these rivers for many years. Your safety is our concern and our rafting service has been certified from the Tourism Council of Bhutan (TCB) and holds a license from the Royal Govt. of Bhutan with full safety issues taken into consideration.
Rafting and Kayaking Routes in Bhutan
Upper Pho Chhu (Wangthangkha – Samdingkha)
Location: Punakha Valley, Western Bhutan
Length: Approximately 7 km (2 hours)
Difficulty: Class III-IV
Flow: 2000 -3000 cfs
Season: March – April, October – November
Craft: Kayaks and Rafts
Kayaking Routes in Bhutan
Mo Chhu – Tashitang Devil’s Gorge Section (Tashithang- Below Punakha Dzong)
Location: Punakha Valley, Western Bhutan
Length: 12 km, 5 -7 hours with scouting
Difficulty: Class V
Flow: 1000 cfs
Craft: Kayaks only (too steep for rafts)
(Caution: Higher than medium flows makes this run dangerous. High water runs are not recommended for amateurs)
Mangde Chhu – Upper Section (Yundo Choling Palace- Langthel)
Location: Trongsa, Central Bhutan
Length: Approximately 5 km (2 hours with scouting)
Difficulty: Class IV
Flows: Approximately 3000 cfs
Season: March – April, November – December
Paro Chhu (Bondey – Isuna Bridge)
Location: Paro Valley, Western Bhutan
Length: Approximately 10 km (3 hours)
Difficulty: Class III-IV
Flow: About 500 cfs
Season: March – April
Craft: Kayaks recommended due to narrow and steep rapids
White Water Rafting in Bhutan [05 Nights & 06 Days]
Day 01: Arrive at Paro International Airport. Transfer to Thimphu
Day 02: Thimphu Sightseeing. Night stay at Thimphu
Day 03: Thimphu to Punakha and Rafting in Mo-chu River
Day 04: Punakha to Paro (135 km about 5 hours)
Day 05: Paro, hiking trip to Tiger’s Nest. Night stay at Paro
Day 06: Departure
Day 01: Arrive Paro international airport
Meet & greet at Paro Airport and transfer to Thimphu. En route enjoy the scenic beauty of nature. Check in at hotel followed by refreshment and orientation & review of the itinerary. If time permits, exploring the city admiring the traditional way of life. Overnight in Thimphu.
Day 02: Thimphu Sightseeing
After breakfast, a beautiful sightseeing trip within the Thimphu valley(visiting to National Memorial chorten , Buddha point , Takin zoo , Painting school and in the afternoon cycling to Kueselphodrang – Depsi). Overnight in Thimphu.
Day 03: Thimphu-Punakha and Rafting in Mo-chu River
After an early breakfast, drive to Punakkha corssing over Dochula pass at an altitude of 3150m above sea level. If weather permits you can have a breathtaking view of snow caped peak from the pass. On arrival at Punakha, walk in to the local restaurant for the lunch. After lunch, transfer to Samdhingkha and get into the thrilling White water rafting about 17km. overnight in Punakha.
Day 04: Punakha-Paro (135 km about 5 hours)
After breakfast, visit to Punakha dzong (a grand visual that sit on the confluence of two mighty river called Pho-chu and Mo-chu literally meaning “male & female river”). Next visit to Kham sum Yule Namgyel Chorten on the hill top, about 45min gradual walk through the rice terrace and ascend through pine forested trail to get to the temple. Return to the road head and drive towards the town for lunch and after lunch drive to Paro. Overnight in Paro.
Day 05: Paro – hiking trip to Tiger’s Nest
After an early breakfast, transfer to the base and hiking begins through beautiful pine forested mud trail often crowded with hikers and horses. About 45 min ascent is a tea house with perfect setting of the tiger’s nest at 45 degree. Yet another an hour ascent is the vantage point with 360 degree view that awestruck every hikers. Overnight in Paro.
Day 06: Departure.
You will be leaving for home, so after breakfast our team will transfer you to the airport and bid fare well.
The Tour Ends.
INC & EXC
- Air fare
- Accommodation in twin sharing basis
- All meals
- Internal transfer as per the itinerary
- Sightseeing as per the itinerary
- Rafting charge
- Mineral water during the tour
- Government & Hotel taxes
- Telephone / internet /laundry /Beverages / doctor on call or any expenses incurred due to unforeseen circumstances
- Other than mentioned in the price inclusion
Please ensure your travel insurance policy covers you for rafting before you purchase this product. Not all insurance now covers adventure activities.
Bhutan offers some beautiful rivers with immense rafting possibilities for casual raft trips despite what you may read in some guide books.
While in the Punakha Valley have some fun with the Grade 1 & 2 gentler rapids of the Mo Chhu (Mother River) or take on the Pho Chhu (Father River) challenges with its grade 4 rapids.
- This is a conventional itinerary & subject to change depending upon circumstances.
- Please follow the timings for the sightseeing trips /activities as mentioned in our detailed itinerary.
- Airfare will depend on the rate of the journey date
- Train fare will depend on availability and class. To avail train journey you need to plan at least 3 months before the journey date
- In case of train journey, Tatkal service is not suggested
- Sightseeing spots may have weekly closing days and daily opening & closing hours. So it will be planned as per journey date & schedule. Sometimes it can be closed due to renovation, maintenance activity or unavoidable circumstances.
- Tour organizer holds the complete right to change the itinerary if it requires for the betterment of the tour and safety of the tourist. Tourist’s safety is top priority.
- Hiding nationality to avoid or reduce entry ticket fees is fully discouraged and any situation occurred due to this reason is complete responsibility of tourist himself / herself.
- Please follow the tour administration & guidelines. Maintain reporting time and allocated time for sightseeing spots. It will make the tour effective and enjoyable for all the members.
- Please follow the ethical rules of Photography while you are visiting new locations, religious places or museums or such sightseeing spots.
- All vehicular movement in the itinerary is on point to point basis and not on disposal.
- Any spot in the itinerary remaining closed due to holidays, bandhs or reason whatsoever will not be revisited on the onset on the tour.
Booking, Confirmation, Cancellation & Refunds:
There are strict policies of service confirmation allover India during peak seasons and the rates can vary unless it has been secured with full payment in advance.
1) To book any tour with us 100% of Air/Rail/Bus Ticket price and at least 25% Land Package price need to be paid.
2) Balance payment has to be made one week before the tours starts.
Amendment of booked tour will be treated as cancellation. However, minor amendments can be made on the payment of a communication charge, which will vary from case to case.
Refund will be paid to the source through which the guest has booked. Any refund will take at least one calendar month to process & will be sent to you by a/c payee cheque only.
** NO REFUND WILL BE MADE AGAINST ANY UNUTILIZED SERVICES, WHAT SO EVER MAY BE THE REASON.
Cancellation has to be sent to us by Email.
From Date of booking – 30 days only communication charges of BDT 500.00 per person
30 -15 Days prior to departure 25% of tour cost
14 -10 Days prior to departure 50% of tour cost
09-05 Days prior to departure 75% of tour cost
04 Days/No show 100% of tour cost
Please also note that you booking will be only confirmed when we receive the amount in cash or your cheque is honored by our bank along with your confirmation note and our acknowledgement against your booking. The tour price can be changed during confirmation, specially the air tickets & train tickets.
Our rates are subject to change on any additional tax which may be introduced by Government of Bangladesh or/and India.